Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wien ist wunderbar!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE IT HERE!!!!!!

Everything is amazing!!

The rooms are very spacious. Me Steve and Pie explored the other wings of the school for over an hour a couple days ago. This place is sooooo big and I'm sure there are other places we didn't find yet.

For the locals, they usually walk looking forward and don't smile or greet other people. They are very nice and friendly when you talk to them. They are formal and proper. We are starting to say hi to many more of the students who are staying in the same school as us. They greet us back and sometimes we have small conversations, but they are very very busy, their schedules are so full. But they definitely got more friendly once we sat in on the class today.

We have already been to the Museum of Vienna, the Belvedere, and the museum we went to today....but i forget the name of it. At the Belevedere someone asked me in German if i spoke German or English, and when i answered English they said they were surprised and thought i would have spoken German. And that i looked like i was. Then in the gift store, the clerk spoke English to the person in front of me automatically because she could tell she was a tourist, but when i walked up she greeted me in German and said the price in German. I glanced at the price and paid, so lucky there was a price display on the screen. It made me really happy she assumed i was German. It was my goal to fit in and not be singled out as an American by the end of the 3 months, but i guess i managed to achieve it in 4 days :) Now i just have to work on my German so i can converse in their language.

Me, Steve, Pie, Jon and Nicole all went to a funk joint last night for Steves birthday. It was ridiculously awesome. We had a few drinks and danced for hours. The music was so chill and FUNKY!!!!!

So I'm still looking forward to spending about 84ish more days here ^_^

Vienna here i come!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment