Thursday, March 12, 2009

Old Magic within these city walls.


Regardless of where i went and what i did it was beautiful to just wander the city. When i do this weird things happens to me when i travel. I don't know how else to explain it except say that i breathe in the magic and beauty of the past. I just really appreciate the architecture and natural environment of Europe. Everywhere i have gone so far since being abroad,when i see anything that conveys that same feeling, i stop walking, close my eyes and take in a deep breath and am floored by how much it moves me.

There is so much more to Amsterdam than meets the eyes. Despite all the stereotypical misconceptions the city has a lot more to offer than it seems. Me and three other students went for a 3 day trip, and did not get a chance to see everything we wanted to. We went to the Anne Frank house, which was powerful and moving.

On the last day three of us wandered the city to eventually find our way to the Van Gogh museum. We took our time and really appreciated the beauty of the city. There are 4 canals you cross on the way to the center of the city. As much as i wanted to take one of the boats i knew i could not afford it. There were plenty of other beautiful things that were free to keep me entertained. I took 160 pictures in an hour and half, all on the walk to the Van Gogh. I felt so inspired by the beauty of the city. The way the museum was presented enhanced the stunning abilities and accomplishments of Van Gogh and many other Dutch and French artists.

I cant wait to travel more and see as much as i can while being here.
Until then,
Auf Weiwersein

No comments:

Post a Comment