Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Myself in 10 words

Optimistic - I like to look at the good things in life. I used to stay upset when things would go wrong or not according to plan. But honestly what good does sulking or trying to find whats wrong with a situation, when it is so much more enjoyable to just be happy and thankful for the good things.

Caring - I try very hard to take care of people and I want to be there for people as much as possible. I have a no time limit policy with all of my close friends. I always offer them a shoulder to cry on, someone to listen to whats going on in their life, someone to shout at to let emotions out, feedback, or advice. I'm always there if they need me and i tell them that i do not mind what time of the day or night it is. Call me at 4 in the morning balling your eyes out, and i will be there to comfort.

Understanding - It is very easy for me to relate to peoples emotions. I can put myself in their shoes and make myself feel to the best of my ability emotions that others would feel in a scenario. This makes it easy to understand why someone is feeling the way they are, and i like to lend a hand.

WEIRD!!! I'm usually thinking something goofy or crazy. I randomly make silly faces at people, like sticking my tongue out or giving an odd smirk but with an intense stare that most people confuse as some awkward stink eye. I'll randomly jump around and say random things, or explain an odd story i made up. Or saying something like oh man imagine if something was........

Secure - I have learned to not care what other people think about me. Take it or leave it!!! I do not have any problems with my body image, and when i make up my mind about something i am sure that it is the right thing. I have recently come to accept the fact that I am Bisexual. I stand my ground on what i believe in. Nobody can tell me what i am FEELING.

Free - I am my own person. I will not be held down by who i used to be or who i used to date. I was in two abusive relationships and never did what i want. Now i do what i want when i want, and it is amazing. Having the freedom of my heart and mind is what brought me to Vienna.

Mature - I have seen and experienced many things. I have gotten the chance to travel and see different cultures. I appreciate the small things in life and do not make a fuss over what some people would consider a big deal. I look at some friends relationships and am glad that i would no longer get hung up on trivial things like if someone i was dating gave someone a piggy back ride or a massage.

Survivor - I have been though a great deal growing up. My parents fought a lot and i repressed a lot of my childhood. Especially because i was sexually assaulted for many years. It took me a long time to emotionally deal with what happened on my own, but i acknowledged what happened and actually confronted the person who did it to me and we worked things out. And have both moved on.

Bold - I used to lie to myself a lot about things that were hard to accept or understand. But a friend helped me to just live my life like i was made of glass. Why do i have anything to hide? Just accept the truth and go with it. Since then i have become extremely blunt because i am afraid of bending the truth. I say what i mean and i say it loud and proud.

Graceful - I did ballet for almost 11 full years (pointe for 3), Jazz for 4, Lyrical for 2 and Hip-Hop for 1. People have told me that when i move it is soft and flowing, which is how a ballerina dances. I still always catch myself imaging choreography when i hear music. Dance is something that flows through my veins. I cant help but dance down a long hallway when i have a lot of energy.



So thats me in 10 words....well more like a whole bunch more but you get the point.

"Yesterday is a memory,
tomorrow is a dream,
today is the reality,
make the most of it."
-Unknown Author

No comments:

Post a Comment