Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Hopes for Vienna


I hope that all of the students will get along well, and welcome the students from the Athens trip. It would be nice if with all the last minute changes that everything goes smoothly with rooms, and no one is upset about having to share a room if they were planning to be alone. I hope everyone can pick up the language and do well in our classes. I want all of us to become close and be able to be there for each other and I hope that some permanent friendships come out of this trip.

I hope that Heather and Tom enjoy themselves just as much as any of the students. I hope that their family can come together and be closer than it already is. I hope the little ones remember and later appreciate this trip. I hope Heather keeps respect from and for the students, and I hope she and her husband can become close with all the students. It would be nice since there is no GA that they can be role models for us.

My main hope for me is that I get to go to Egypt. I've always wanted to see Egypt for as long as i can remember, their culture fascinates me. I also hope that I can mature greatly and meet some nice people over in Austria. It seems like people are really nice over there and that they like Americans. However I want to take it a step further and want to be overlooked as an American and blend in with the Austrian culture so I can fully live in their culture.

I'm nervous about not picking up the language. I've always had a hard time with languages and haven't succeeded when studying them. I'm nervous about keeping up with the school work. I can tell that I'm going to love it over there and I don't want to end up being too distracted by other things going on. I'm nervous about missing my parents, this will be the longest i have been away from them. My mom is going to be so upset while we're gone.

4 comments:

  1. I can relate to your nervousness about not being able to learn German. I have never been good at learning foreign languages either, and my hope, like you, is that we all can pick the language up fairly easy. I also found it interesting that you want to go to Egypt. It truly is a fascinating country with so much history. I hope you get a chance to make it there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you want to "take it a step further and blend in" I feel the same way. Stereotypes play a huge role all over the world today and I hope we can all be over looked as Americans and be looked as friends and good people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found it really interesting that you said you wanted to go to Egypt. I would also like to go. When I was talking about possibly going on this trip everyone told me it probably wasn't a good idea and that they really don't like women there. I think it would be really awesome to see just the same though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I see your not keeping up with your homework... Kinda like me :-p

    Anyway I'm just posting on your blog because you said a lot of good stuff.
    I agree with us being over looked as Americans, that would be an awesome goal. However that is going to take a lot of dedication.

    I have some language software... I don;t know if you have heard of it... It called Rosetta Stone! :-p !

    And anyway, not to be the bearer of bad news.... But You and I are not going to have $1,000 each. I am only taking about $600, and I plan to give you the same. I will also have about another $160 coming through from my last paycheck, and i will split that with you.
    I hope it is enough to get you started on the Egypt thing.

    ReplyDelete